Link2SD Guide – How to increase the memory of your android
Link2SDÂ is an android application that lets you move apps and games to the 2nd partition of your SD card. Why do we need this Link2SD guide when android\’s native Apps2sd moves the files to the SD card? Native apps2sd only moves the apk file of the application leaving other files in internal memory. Additionally, widgets and some applications are not intended to be moved to the SD card. They can be moved to internal memory too if you follow this Link2SD guide. However, Link2SD needs that your phone is rooted. So Lets begin with this Link2SD guide.
This is a step by step Link2SD Guide to run Link2SD on your device. This guide will work for both stock and cutom ROMs.Â For ClockWorkMod Recovery users, you can check the other guide below. Follow all the instructions carefully to eliminate possible problems.
- First you have to download Mini Tool Partition Wizard Manager. You can download itÂ HERE
You can also try EaseUS Â Partition manager for these tasks. Some devices were known to not work correctly with Minitool. EaseUS partition manager works for every device. Click here to download EaseUS partition manager
- Insert your SD card to a card reader and open it on your computer. If a card reader in unavailable you can try USB mounting but that’s not recommended
- Back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.
- Open Mini Tool in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer)
- Right click and choose Delete.
- Right click on it again and choose Create New. Create â€œFAT32? partition (This is where all your media files will go. Be sure to make it bigger than the 2nd part)
- Select â€œCreate as: PRIMARYâ€
- Next, create an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (if you\’re on stock ROM, choose ext2). This is where your apps will go. I suggest a value of 512Mb or 1Gb would be big enough but if you insist you can go as high as 2Gb.
- Select â€œCreate As: PRIMARYâ€ (make sure that it is both set to primary because it will not work if it is not set to primary)
- Click the â€œApplyâ€ button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.
- Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.
- Download and install Link2sd fromÂ Google Play Store.
- Open Link2sd. You will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 and FAT32. Select ext2.
- It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
- Open link2sd and if the message doesn\’t show up, you succeded.
- Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink (to automatically move apps upon installation)
- If you already have some apps,Â select â€œCreate Linkâ€ (be sure to check the three files: app, dalvic-cache and library files)
- To check your memory, select â€œStorage Infoâ€. This will show you the current state of your internal memory, FAT32, and ext2 partition.
- Now you\’re done and ready to install vast amount of applications as you wish!
- Back up all your files to your computer. Partitioning wipes the files of your SD card.
- Go into recovery mode
- Select â€œAdvancedâ€
- Select â€œPartition SD cardâ€
- Choose your SD-ext size (if you\’re using a 2Gb SD card, choose 512Mb. If your SD card is 4Gb or greater, you can choose 1024Mb)
- Select 0 swap
- Wait for the process to finish. Reboot.
- Download andÂ install Link2SDÂ fromÂ Google Play Store.
- Open Link2SD you will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32. Choose ext4.
- Follow instructions number 14-20. DONE!
Having troubles? Feel free to comment and post your questions below. Enjoy!Â